The WSBE17 Hong Kong respects personal data and is committed to fully implementing and complying with the data protection principles and all relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("the Ordinance").
The WSBE17 Hong Kong recognises the importance of safeguarding your personal information. We need to obtain personal information about you in the course of providing our services to the Website user.
2. Use of WSBE17 Hong Kong's logo
Use of the WSBE17 Hong Kong's logo without prior written approval from the WSBE17 Hong Kong is prohibited.
Please contact the WSBE17 Hong Kong Secretariat via email email@example.com if you need further information.
3. Information Collection
We may gather two types of information from you:
- Personal information, provided by you for the services we offer; and
- Information generated by our system which tracks traffic to our Website.
Personal information we would collect includes but not limited to:
- Individual's name;
- Organisation name;
- Job title;
- Email address(es);
- Business and /or correspondence addresses;
- Business and mobile phone numbers; and
- Fax number.
Remarks: Nationality and Date of Birth are required for visa invitation letter request.
4. Use of Personal Information
We use the collected personal information to communicate and deliver information including but not limited to:
- Organisation updates of WSBE17 Hong Kong;
- WSBE17 Hong Kong organised, co-organised and supported events and functions;
To ensure that WSBE17 Hong Kong handles personal data in a professional manner, we maintain the following privacy principles, and under the circumstances stated in clause 8. below:
- WSBE17 Hong Kong only collects personal information that we consider relevant and necessary to carry out professional activities organised, co-organised and/ or supported by WSBE17 Hong Kong.
- WSBE17 Hong Kong may pass your personal information to other related organisations or parties and appointed service providers directly involved in activities with WSBE17 Hong Kong, as permitted by law.
- WSBE17 Hong Kong will not disclose your personal information to any external organisations unless we have obtained your prior consent or we are required by law to do so.
- WSBE17 Hong Kong may be required to disclose your personal information to governmental bodies or regulators per statutory requirements, but we will only do so under strict authority.
- WSBE17 Hong Kong strives to maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of your personal information. WSBE17 Hong Kong adheres to strict security standards and procedures to protect your personal information from any unauthorised access by anyone, including our staff.
All staff of WSBE17 Hong Kong Secretariat and all third parties with permitted access to your information are required to respect your confidentially and observe the privacy principles. WSBE17 Hong Kong values professionalism and integrity in our work. With our commitment and devotion to observe these principles, we assure your confidentiality in full.
You have the option to opt out from receiving any future marketing material at any time by contacting the WSBE17 Hong Kong.
5. Voluntary Submission of Information
You may use the Website without disclosing personally identifiable information, and we will not obtain such information about you unless you choose to submit it to us. Any information you submit will only be used internally. Submission of information authorises such internal use by us. In particular, please note that submission of an email authorises us to contact you via email.
6. Individual Profile
This is your personal account for your own personal WSBE17 Hong Kong related activities. Please do not share your login information. Once you log onto the Website you can keep your personal and contact information up to date if you move, change your email address or information. You agree to accept responsibility for all the activities that occur under your account or password.
7. Holding, correction and updating of personal information
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us at 1/F Jockey Club Environmental Building, 77 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong. Under the Ordinance, you have the right to access to, and to correct, the personal information we hold. If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately for update if required.
Our Website provides opportunities for Users to email information to other individuals. This functionality is merely for sharing of information and does not incur any direct selling or commercial purpose.
9. Disclosure of Information
We will not rent, sell or exchange information about you to any third parties (other than appointed service providers) except what you have provided prior consent to disclose, or except what you would expect to be disclosed, or except what we have indicated we may disclose; or except what we are legally obliged to disclose.
10. Protection and Security of Personal Information
We take responsible steps to protect all personal information collected or held about our Members and/ or Users from being misused and lost, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
11. Other Sites
Our Website contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a third party website, please understand that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the corresponding website. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
14. Failure to provide information
Failure to provide the necessary personal information when requested may result in certain services not being available to you.
15. Coverage and Complaints
Attn: WSBE17 Hong Kong Secretariat
Hong Kong Green Building Council Limited
1/F, Jockey Club Environmental Building
77 Tat Chee Avenue
By phone: +852 3994 8888
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org